Friday 9 March 2012

Yum Bun @ Eat St, King's Cross N1


Up until today, for me the area behind King's Cross station was all about my days (or more accurately nights) of dancing my little heart out at Bagleys or The Cross.  Ah, those were the days... *memories*.  Now the area is one big construction zone, with old warehouses demolished to make way for the "new Kings Cross" (can you tell I hate that idea?  Give me dilapidated Victorian rail sheds and amazing clubs any day).  Anyway after today, that area will now be all about Yum Bun.  Habitues of Broadway Market in Hackney may have already sampled the incredible deliciousness that is the steamed pork bun from Yum Bun but now on Fridays, as part of the Eat St initiative the rest of us can get them in the King's Cross vicinity .  Eat St is a bit of a weird one - a handful of really cool food stalls in the afore-mentioned construction zone behind Kings Cross station, including Big Apple Hot Dogs, Kimchi Cult, Yum Bun and others - you can check out which stalls are operating here (it alternates on different days).  It is a bit sparse - not sure why they don't just get all the food vendors together on one day but the few on offer today all looked great.  I also sampled coffee from Bean & Gone today and I will definitely be back at Eat St over the coming weeks to sample many more food offerings.  I have to say though, if Yum Bun is in residence I will find it really hard to go past their fluffy, genuinely friggin' delicious pork buns - I mean look at them people, what's not to love?  And they taste better than they look.  In fact I want more - right now.

4 comments:

  1. Rob I am totally with you here, these pork buns are so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are a fellow fan Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went there today and had an amazing lamb burger in flatbread from the Bhangra Burger man. It's a bit weird eating in what is basically a construction site, but the delight of watching art school students totally makes up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca - now I want a lamb burger!

    ReplyDelete