Wednesday, 3 March 2010

Sacred - Ganton St W1

I feel a bit guilty about Sacred.  I had heard good things and I had a pretty good coffee there last year but I think I must have been in a bad mood when I went there because I remember not liking the interior and mentally crossing it off in my mind as a place I needed to visit (given there is no shortage of primo caffeine in Soho).  Today I was walking down Carnaby St and I felt the urge for a flat white just as I was walking past Ganton St so I decided to check it out again and I'm not sure why I was so dismissive before.  Sure, it does remind me a bit of a back-packer cafe and the whole "sacred" motif is a bit over-done but this is a cosy, welcoming place with lovely staff, great coffee and really delicious looking food on offer.  Feeling a bit like the grinch, I ordered a flat white to go - as soon as I got outside I took the lid off and had a look.  All signs were good and the taste test confirmed it - creamy milk and a good strong espresso hit.  Not sure of where their beans come from but they tasted like Monmouth to me.  I like their whole ethos (which you can read on their website) and I feel like I need to make amends for my attitude so I'll be back to put money in the till at Sacred!

Sacred on Urbanspoon


  1. Sacred gets overlooked because of the flashy newcomers - it rules!

  2. And they have a book club! I was considering joining...