Wednesday 21 April 2010

Nordic Bakery - Golden Square W1

The Nordic Bakery was another recommendation from my friend Rob - he was raving about their cinnamon buns but also how crucial it was to time your visit so they were freshly baked.  I think they're pretty fine at any time but he's right - if you get them straight out of the oven they are amazing.  I also like their sandwiches - lovely dark rye bread and also kinds funky looking (funky in the positive way not the American way).  I particularly like the circular ham and cheese sandwich - tasty and quirky.  Their coffee is OK too - but if I were you I'd get a take-away coffee from Fernandez & Wells in Beak Street and then wander on down to the Nordic Bakery for a cinnamon roll.  If it's a nice day, sit in Golden Square and contemplate how the combination of quality caffeine and something sweet can make life feel pretty darn good...

Nordic Bakery on Urbanspoon

6 comments:

  1. what a combo: F&W, cinnamon, sunshine and golden square... perfecto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Rob - thanks for introducing me to cinnamon buns! (BTW - is it just me or does it feel like cinnamon should have one "n" and two "m"s instead of the other way round??)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I paid the Nordics a visit and I'm tucking into a cinnamon bun right now. Just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked it Gen! So good - especially when they are fresh out of the oven....mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you know that cinnamon is a superfood? - even more reason to tuck into those buns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As if I needed another reason! Now I will make sure to add a cinnamon bun to my daily health routine...

    ReplyDelete