Tuesday 2 October 2012

Soif - Battersea Rise SW11


I have been to Soif twice now - the first time I left it too long to write about it and it has been several weeks since my second visit.  I'm not sure why the delay - because both times I have loved it and usually that means I can't wait to write up a blog post.  Anyway, that's kinda irrelevant - the point is, I really want to make sure to blog about Soif because it's ace.  I am a big fan of Terroirs and I am really keen to try Brawn, so when these guys opened their latest outpost in my corner of SW London I was super excited.  The formula is similar - great, meat-heavy, hearty menus and wine that is natural and free of additives (which in theory makes for easier hangovers - hurrah).  The
 decor is stripped back, lots of wood, blackboard menus, the odd wine barrel - all in all, a lovely, lovely environment to have a chilled dinner with good friends.  On my first visit, the other half and I shared the bavette with red wine shallots and duck-fat potatoes (which was beef-tastic) but on this visit I decided to go with the fish and it was a good move - the roast cod (I know, I know, cod - don't judge) with spiced chickpeas, spinach & a big dollop of alioli was delicious.  One of the highlights of both Terroirs and Soif is the wine list and we had an amazing Aussie Pinot to go with our food.  Even if you aren't a SW London resident (and I do realise that that will never be the case for some of you) make the trip to Soif, it's really, really good.


Soif on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try Soif. You should try and get to Brawn, it's really really good (better than Terroirs in our opinion). Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie - I definitely plan to check Brawn out, I actually had a booking there a few months ago and had to cancel.

    ReplyDelete